2 min read
During the ownCloud Conf which took place last week in Berlin we released version 0.2 of the ownCloud Mail to apps.owncloud.com.
The new features are:
- Unified inbox
- Client-side caching for better performance
- Ability to forward emails
- Inline reply
- Attachments on replies
- Mobile support
The next weeks we will work on version 0.3 which will be about refactoring, cleanup, focusing on fixing bugs and getting the release more stable.
During the ownCloud conf we made HUGE improvements:
- We cleaned up all JS files and harmonized the Code Style with JSCS
- We introduced RequireJS and Bower
- Most of the code has been refactored to a Backbone Marionette App
- Images blocked by default, can be loaded on request
- We moved to Revealing JS Modules
- We added Jasmin tests with the Karma runner. Basic tests for views and modules are already there
- We moved our PHP templates to JS handlebar templates (including translations)
- All tests and style / syntax checks are executed by Travis
Whoever wants to join the Mail app team is welcome, and the best is: you don’t have to be a developer. We need people for translating, testing etc. Don’t hesitate to contact us on IRC or jump in and clone the repository.